Chat with us!
One of our representatives will be with you shortly. You are number 1 in the queue. Your wait time will be approximately 1 minute(s). Thank you for your patience.
MyConstructor Chat
Support Agent
Welcome to MyConstructor, is there anything I can help you with?
Start a new chat
We are open for business. Our professionals are taking enhanced hygiene precautions in line with Government guidelines.

Book Your Energy Performance Certificate

Are you selling or renting your property? By law, you need an EPC in order to market your property - Get yours here quickly and easily, at fixed prices. Check professionals’ reviews, compare prices and select one of our qualified energy assessors.

Find Experienced & Trustworthy Assessors
Book your EPC online!

Choose property type:

Required field!

We’re sorry, you do not qualify for the government grant.
Continue and find the best installation prices in the UK.
Congrats! You qualify for a government grant!
You could save up to £350 with a government grant for your charger.

Nationwide service

  • Flexible hours, book a time that suits you
  • Same day bookings
  • Pay us by Card, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay or Pay on-site
  • Discounted rates for bulk EPCs

Discounted rates for bulk EPCs

Contact us on 020 4577 1302
3632 reviews for this service

What is an EPC?

An Energy Performance Certificate, or EPC for short, is a document which details how energy efficient a property is. You can also know in advance about your energy running costs on average for the whole year to come. In this way, you can transform any kind of domestic or not property into a more energy-efficient one. So, if you're looking for an affordable EPC Certificate cost don't worry. We've got you! Book your EPC online through MyConstructor! For more information about how much the EPC Certificate costs and more, continue reading.

Do I need an EPC?

It is a legal requirement to have a valid Energy Performance Certificate in order to market your property for sale or rent which applies to both residential and commercial properties. It is now also a requirement to have a valid EPC if your property already has existing tenants in place. If you are looking to remortgage a property then the majority of lenders will request you have an EPC carried out on the property. How much will an EPC Certificate cost you? Not as much as you think!

What happens if you do not have a valid Energy Performance Certificate?

If you do not have an Energy Certificate, or if your Energy Certificate has expired, you can be faced with a hefty fine. In order to avoid these kinds of huge costs, all you need to do is provide an affordable EPC Certificate cost. More specifically, if you are asked to present the Energy Performance Certificate by an inspector and you fail to do so, you will receive a penalty charge notice and defined action. The approximate fine for a home is £500, and for other types of properties, it could go as high as £5000.

How do I know if I already have one?

It's really simple to find out if you already have an EPC online! All EPC certificates are lodged on the national database. As the certificate is valid for 10 years, many people are unaware when the previous owner had the certificate issued, or simply forget. Checking if you have an EPC online is completely free and doesn't require an EPC certificate cost. You can check the EPC online register for Domestic/Residential properties here:


For Non-Domestic/Commercial buildings you can check the database here:


How much does an EPC Certificate cost?

You can find a variety of prices when you search for EPC online. Book your EPC Certificate from just £39 through MyConstructor. As it is reasonable, EPC Certificate cost may vary. The most common variables that affect the EPC Certificate cost are:

  • The area you live in
  • What kind of property you live in
  • How many bedrooms does your property have
  • What is the type of construction of the building you live in

It's important to know that for the EPC certificate cost there's no fixed rate, so you can expect to pay upward of £35.

Up-front estimates for an EPC certificate costs are as follows:

  • EPC Certificate cost for studio from £39
  • EPC Certificate cost for 1 bed from £43
  • EPC Certificate cost for 2 beds from £44
  • EPC Certificate cost for 3 beds from £44

As you can understand, an EPC Certificate cost is completely affordable and it can raise significantly the value of your property. Thus, doing researh about the EPC online, is totally worth your time.

What happens during the assessment?

A qualified and accredited Energy Assessor will visit the property to undertake the Energy Performance Certificate survey. In order to estimate the EPC Certificate cost, they will need access to all rooms in order to accurately measure the property and examine the critical items on the property such as the heating/cooling systems, levels of insulation, the type and material of the window, lighting, etc. Once the survey is finished, the data is uploaded into a software program which then calculates both the current level of energy efficiency and also the potential efficiency rating.

How can I book my EPC online?

It's really quick and easy to book your EPC online! Through MyConstructor the process is the simpliest it could ever be. On our website you can check reviews, compare prices and professionals, in order to find the one that fits best for your needs. The greatest part is that by booking your EPC online, you can get instant fixed prices.

How booking your EPC online benefits you?

Apart from fixed prices, here are some more benefits by boooking your EPC online through MyConstructor:

  • No hidden feess during the process
  • Flexible Availability
  • Book any time 24/7
  • Find instantly qualified professionals
  • Save time and money

How long does it take?

An Energy Performance Certificate survey takes on average anywhere from twenty minutes, for a studio apartment, to an hour for larger family homes. The main determining factor is the size of the property but the layout of the property is also a factor. Commercial, or Non-Domestic surveys can take considerably longer with some large commercial buildings taking a full day or even longer. Please note: Time does not affect your EPC Certificate cost.

Can you fail an EPC?

If you are looking to sell a property then there are no minimum requirements, you simply need to have a valid Energy Performance Certificate. Rental properties now have a minimum requirement. If the property fails to meet the minimum requirement then you will not be able to move tenants in (see MEES below)

Your rating explained

The EPC certificate will grade the energy efficiency levels of the property with a rating from A-G; A being the most efficient, G being the least. Naturally, the higher the rating, the more energy-efficient the building is. Currently, the average rating for a home in the UK is D - E.

Note that if your EPC rating is low you may have to deal with an EPC Certificate cost. More specifically, if your rating is below E, it's illegal to rent or sell your property. Not only that, but also a low rating like the one mentioned affects your home's value and salability. As reasonable, an EPC Certificate cost is worth paying for in order to improve your home's energy efficiency.

In a similar scale to the labels when buying new electrical devices, the energy efficiency of properties is graded on a sliding bar graph with a color scale from green to red to indicate their energy requirements or consumption. The certificate shows both current and potential ratings for both the Energy Efficiency Rating and the Environmental Impact (CO2) Rating.

Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) Legislation

In April 2018, Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards came into force in England and Wales. MEES makes it a legal requirement for all privately owned properties to have an EPC rating of at least an 'E' before they are let. From April 2020, MEES will be extended to existing lettings of residential property and in April 2023 to existing lettings of commercial property.

MEES do not apply to:

Buildings not legally required to have an EPC.

These can include some listed buildings, places of worship, temporary properties, some HMOs (House of Multiple Occupancy) and holidays lets.

Short or very long terms lets.

MEES does not apply to rentals of less than six months or more than 99 years.

The Golden Rule.

For a landlord or a tenant to meet the qualifications of the golden Rule they must make the necessary changes in order to obtain an EPC rating of E or above. All improvements that are made to the property should be cost-effective and signed by an independent energy assessor. With regard to commercial properties, all investments for energy improvements must be cost-effective within a seven-year period. Please note that this needs very good research as not all assessors meet the same criteria. It's really important to take your time and learn more about the EPC online.


The potential for negative impact on the property is another legitimate reason for MEES exemption. In this scenario, an independent qualified surveyor must judge that the necessary energy-efficiency improvements would reduce the property’s market value by more than 5%. As reasonable, an EPC Certificate cost is necessary.

Third party consent.

These types of exemptions are based not on the details of the property itself, but on the relationships between tenants and landlords. If a tenant, superior landlord or planning body either refuse consent for the improvements MEES requires, or require conditions that the landlord cannot comply with, the landlord can claim exemption. However, it is essential that you use all reasonable means to come to an agreement and gain consent before applying for this form of exemption.

Buildings occupied solely under licence.

MEES only applies to buildings occupied under a “Relevant Tenancy”. This includes an assured tenancy, a regulated tenancy and domestic agricultural tenancies. If the occupier is present only under a licence to occupy the MEES requirements will not apply as there is no tenancy.

Social housing schemes.

The regulations apply only to privately rented properties. Social housing is exempt from MEES regardless of its condition, quality, or EPC rating.

What happens after the EPC assessment?

After the assessment, the assessor will send you the Energy Performance Certificate and the recommendation report. The recommendation report will give recommendations on how energy efficiency can be improved on the property. Once the Energy Certificate has been issued, it will then be added to the EPC Register Online. The Energy Certificate is essentially a report of energy management, reporting how energy efficient a residential or commercial premise is.

Legal Obligations

Since it was first introduced in England and Wales in 2006, the EPC is now a legal requirement for a building to be sold, let or constructed. Once the Energy Performance Certificate is issued, it is the owner or landlord’s responsibility to keep it up-to-date.

If you choose to use an estate agent to market the property, they must include a copy of the EPC report in all commercial advertisements such as a brochure and website, etc. With a new building, the builder in charge of the construction is responsible for producing the Energy Certificate. If you choose to market privately, the EPC is still a legal requirement for both sales and lettings.

Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES) Legislation

In April 2018, Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards came into force in England and Wales and has made it a legal requirement for all privately owned properties to have an EPC rating of at least an 'E' before they are sold or let.

If an agent is marketing the property, they must include a copy of the EPC reports document in all commercial advertisements such as a brochure and website, etc. With a new building, the builder in charge of the construction is responsible for the establishment of an original Energy Performance Certificate. And the Energy Certificate can only be produced by an accredited on-construction domestic energy assessor.

What are the benefits of getting an Energy Performance Certificate?

The Energy Performance Certificate includes recommendations of ways you can improve your property’s energy efficiency and as a result, to help the environment as well as to save you money.

What the Energy Performance Certificate does not include

The report is simply a commentary of the current energy efficiency and the future potential. It should not be used as a condition report on either the building structure or any of the internal systems in the property.

Related Services

2D & 3D Professional Floorplans

Property Photography

Non-Domestic EPC

Retrofit Assessments

Frequently asked questions about the Energy Performance Certificate. (EPC)

If you are looking to market your property, for either sale or rent, then you are legally obliged to have a valid energy certificate. This applies to both residential and commercial buildings. Recent changes in legislation mean that you now need a certificate even if you already have existing tenants already in place.

The key factor in determining the EPC Certificate cost is size. The larger the property, the higher the cost of the report will be. In order to get a fixed price quote for your property and to check availability in your area then simply click here.

Each property is graded on the level of energy efficiency. The ratings are scored from A-G, with A being the most efficient and G the least. The higher the rating of the building, the more energy-efficient it is and the lower the bills will be. The current average rating for UK homes is D-E.

The energy assessor will need access to all rooms so they can accurately measure the property and examine the necessary items such as the type of glazing and material of the window frames, heating and cooling systems, presence and levels of insulation in the floor, walls and roof, the hot water system and lighting. This data is then used to calculate the current level of energy efficiency, as well as the potential rating.

If you are looking to sell your property then you cannot ‘fail’ the inspection. However, for those looking to rent a property then, as of April 2018, you are unable to move new tenants in unless the property has a minimum efficiency rating of ‘E’. From April 1st, 2020, this was extended to cover all existing tenancies as well.

The process for booking your EPC online is really easy! All you need to do is fill the form on top of the page. Through our website it's very simple to compare prices and professionals, but also read a variety of reviews and information about our services.
By using our website you agree to our use of cookies as described in our cookie policy. You can change your settings any time. Learn more