Recently booked jobs
Professional Lock Replacement: Get A Lock Replacement Handyman For The Job
Locks are one of the most important security features in any home. Without them, potential intruders would be able to gain entry easily. But what happens when a lock malfunctions? If you’re unlucky, your lock may simply stop working altogether.
If this happens, you may need to replace it with a new one. And if you’re even luckier, your lock may just need some TLC—in which case, a lock replacement handyman is exactly what you need. These professionals are versed in all sorts of locks and can help you get the replacement you need without any hassles. So if your lock is not functioning as it should, reach out to a professional and get it fixed ASAP.
What Causes Lock Malfunctioning?
There are a few things that could cause your lock to malfunction. Here are some of the most common:
- A worn out lock cylinder: Over time, the metal inside the lock cylinder can become worn and distorted, which can cause the lock to malfunction.
- Bad installation: If your lock was installed incorrectly, it could malfunction.
- Water damage: If water gets inside the lock, it can cause corrosion and metal fatigue, which can lead to a malfunctioning lock.
- A broken key or improperly fitted key: This is the most common reason for lock malfunctions. If your key is broken, it won't turn properly in the lock, and vice versa. Make sure to get a new key if this is the case.
- Improperly lubed locks: Locks need oil to function properly and keep them from freezing up in cold weather. Apply oil every once in a while to make sure your lock works efficiently.
- Corrosion: Corrosion can build up over time on both sides of the lock and prevent it from working properly. If you notice that your lock isn't working as smoothly as it used to, give it a good cleaning to remove any built up debris.
Front Door Lock Replacement
Front door locks are one of the simplest and most common security features on homes, and can be susceptible to malfunctioning. Here are some tips for checking if your lock is malfunctioning and how to replace it if needed:
First, try rotating the handle to see if the door opens from the inside or the outside. If it opens from the outside, your lock might need replacing. If it opens from the inside, check to ensure that the screws that hold the latch are tight. If they're loose, you can tighten them by using a Phillips screwdriver.
Next, try jiggling and pulling on the doorknob to see if it moves freely. If it doesn't move freely, your lock might have been jammed shut by something external like a stick or a rock. In this case, you'll need to call a locksmith who can remove the jam and replace your lock with a new one.
If none of these tips work, or if you just want to be safe in case of future problems, you might want to consider getting a new front door lock altogether. Locksmiths can install new locks on both exterior and interior doors in just minutes, so there's no need to wait for an emergency situation before fixing something that's preventing theft or burglaries.
Garage Door Lock Replacement
If you have a garage door that is not working, one of the first things you should do is check to see if the lock is malfunctioning. If the lock is the problem, then you will need to get a lock replacement handyman. Here are some tips on how to identify and fix a malfunctioning garage door lock:
- Check your security code - Make sure you know the security code for your garage door. If you don't have the code, contact your homeowner's association or landlord.
- Check the alignment of your garage door - If your garage door is not aligned correctly, it can cause the lock to malfunction. To align your garage door, use a level and measure from side to side and from top to bottom.
- Check if there's debris blocking the movement of the torsion spring - One common cause of a malfunctioning garage door lock is debris blocking the movement of the torsion spring. To check if this is the case, remove any obstructions from beneath your garage door using a vacuum cleaner and see if that fixes the problem.
- Test your key - If none of these steps work, then it might be time to test your key in another way: try pressing it against different parts of the door while watching for sparks or flames (this indicates that someone has tried to break into your home by igniting something inside).
Replacement Lock For Patio Door
If your patio door lock is no longer functioning, you may need to replace it. Replacing a locked patio door's lock can be a relatively easy DIY project, depending on the model of your door. If you're not sure how to do it yourself, or if you need help finding a professional locksmith, give us a call. We'll be more than happy to help get you up and running again!
When replacing the lock on your patio door, there are a few things to keep in mind. The first is the type of lock that your door has. Most patio doors use either keypad locks or handle-and-lock systems. The second thing to consider is whether or not your door has any security features built in - like an electronic lock that requires a specific code to open. And finally, make sure you have the correct replacement part - sometimes different locks come in different shapes and sizes, so be sure to find the right one before starting work.
Once you've got everything sorted out, getting started on the replacement project should be fairly easy. Bear in mind that most locks take around 30 minutes to install from start to finish, so don't worry if this sounds like too much work at first - give us a call and we'll walk you through everything step by step!
Window Lock Replacement
If you're experiencing trouble locking your windows, it might be time to get a lock replacement. Windows are an important part of your home security system, so it's important that they're always secure. If your windows are constantly getting unlocked, there's a good chance that the lock is malfunctioning. Same tips as above can be used for your window lock replacement.
Hire A Professional Today!
Lock malfunctions can be a frustrating experience, and if you have one that's been giving you trouble, it might be time to get a lock replacement handyman. Not only can this solve the problem quickly and easily, but it can also save you from having to deal with the inconvenience of a lock that won't work properly. If you're in need of help fixing a lock on your home or office, don't hesitate to contact us for more information.