How Much Does An EPC Cost?
Energy Performance Certificate Nationwide Service
- Flexible hours, book a time that suits you
- Same day bookings
- Pay us by Card, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay or Pay on-site
Choose property type:
Recently booked jobs
How Much Does An EPC Cost
As important as an energy performance certificate (EPC) is, you might wonder how much it costs. Here, we will take you through the factors that determine the cost of EPCs—the cost of the different types of EPCs and how to calculate these costs. Read on to find out more.
Factors That Determine The Cost Of An EPC
Several factors will determine how much an EPC for a building cost in the UK.
- The size of the building is one of the key things that will affect the cost, as larger buildings will need more work to assess and provide an accurate report.
- The type of building is also important, as different types can have different energy efficiency levels.
- Age is another key factor, as older buildings are often less energy efficient than newer ones.
- Location is another factor in determining cost, as properties in London and other major cities will usually be more expensive to assess than those in more rural areas.
- The number of bedrooms and floors in a property can also influence the price.
- Cost can also be affected by special features or requirements such as disabled access.
- The type of EPC you require (domestic or commercial) will also affect the cost.
Types Of EPC And Their Cost
There are two types of EPCs: domestic and non-domestic.
A domestic EPC is requiredfor a property to be sold or let. A valid certificate must be obtained within 28 days of marketing the property. The cost of a domestic EPC starts from £35.
A non-domestic or commercial EPC is required for a commercial property to be sold, let or constructed. This type of EPC is more detailed and technical, making it more time-consuming than a domestic EPC. A valid certificate must be obtained within six months of the date when the building is first occupied. The cost of a non-domestic EPC starts from £160.
How much does an EPC cost and ow To Calculate Cost Of An EPC?
There is no set price for an EPC, so it's worth researching and comparing quotes from accredited energy assessors to find the best rate.
To calculate the cost of an EPC, you first need to know the type of property it is - domestic or commercial. The price also varies depending on the size of the property. For example, a one-bedroom flat will cost less than a five-bedroom house.
The cost also depends on whether you need a new EPC or an existing one updated. If you're selling your property, you'll need a new EPC. However, suppose you're renting out a property with an EPC. In that case, you may only need to update it if significant changes have been made to the property since it was originally assessed.
Finally, the cost of an EPC covers the cost of the survey by an accredited Energy Assessor and the cost of production of an Energy Performance Certificate for your property.
Hire A Professional Today!
The cost of a building EPC will vary depending on the size and type of property and also the company or accredited energy assessor you choose to use. If you are thinking of having an EPC on your property, then it is important to get several quotes to ensure you are getting the best possible price.