Chat with us!
One of our representatives will be with you shortly. You are number 1 in the queue. Your wait time will be approximately 1 minute(s). Thank you for your patience.
MyConstructor Chat
Support Agent
Welcome to MyConstructor, is there anything I can help you with?
Start a new chat
We are open for business. Our professionals are taking enhanced hygiene precautions in line with Government guidelines.

Non-Domestic EPC - Book your Appointment

If you are looking to sell or rent your property then you are legally required to get a Non Domestic/Commercial EPC. You can get yours here quickly and easily, at fixed prices.
Find Experienced & Trustworthy Assessors

Choose property type:

Required field!

We’re sorry, you do not qualify for the government grant.
Continue and find the best installation prices in the UK.
Congrats! You qualify for a government grant!
You could save up to £350 with a government grant for your charger.

Nationwide service

  • Flexible hours, book a time that suits you
  • Same day bookings
  • Pay us by Card, PayPal, Google Pay, Apple Pay or Pay on-site
  • Discounted rates for bulk EPCs

Discounted rates for bulk EPCs

Contact us on 020 4577 1302
5165 reviews for this service

What is a Commercial EPC?

EPCs, known also as Energy Performance Certificates , are detailed reports into the energy efficiency of a property or building. EPCs are divided into two further subcategories, Domestic and Non-Domestic. Domestic, or Residential EPCs, illustrate the efficiency rating of privately owned houses and apartments. Non-Domestic, or Commercial EPCs, provide ratings for buildings such as offices, restaurants or retail shops.

Is the energy certificate a legal requirement?

This all depends on your intentions for the property. Those looking to market their property for sale or for rent will legally require to have a certificate lodged on the Non-Domestic EPC Register. Recent legislation changes mean it is now also a requirement to have a valid EPC even if your property has existing tenants in place already.

Who can carry out the report?

If you wish to get an Commercial EPC for your property then you will need to appoint a fully qualified Non-Domestic Energy Assessor who is currently registered with the Non-Domestic EPC Register .

What does an energy assessment involve?

Your assessor will need access to the entirety of the property in order to properly measure the property, so please ensure that they have access to all areas. Next, they will then examine the key items in the property such as any heating and cooling systems, the presence and levels of the insulation, the type of glazing and material of the window frames, as well as the hot water and lighting systems. After completion of the survey, your assessor will upload the data into a program which calculates the current level of energy efficiency. This program also then generates the potential efficiency rating of the property.

How long does the survey take?

Commercial energy certificate surveys can vary a lot in terms of the time needed to complete the inspection. Property size is the main factor but the layout and accessibility can also be factors. Some commercial inspections can take up to a day to complete the on-site survey and a further couple of days to write up.

How long is the report valid for?

Once the EPC survey has been carried out and the assessor has uploaded the data, a draft certificate is produced. After the assessor has double checked all of the information and they are satisfied with it, they will then lodge the certificate on the Non-Domestic EPC Register. After the certificate is lodged, it is valid for a period of 10 years. It is worth noting that should you make any significant improvements or changes to the property within that time it is recommended that you have a new certificate issued.

Can I check if I already have a certificate?

Yes! Given that the energy performance certificate is valid for such a long time, we can easily forget if our certificate is still valid, or when it needs to be renewed. You don’t need to worry though as you can easily and quickly see if you have one by going to the Non-Domestic EPC Register and entering the postcode of the property - https://www.ndepcregister.com/reportSearchAddressByPostcode.html

Are there any minimum rating requirements?

As of April 2018, there is a minimum rating requirement of an ‘E’ for those looking to rent their property. If you plan to sell the property then there are currently no minimum rating requirements. Any failure in doing so will mean you will be unable to grant a new lease.

Is energy efficiency really important?

Yes, absolutely! Having good levels of energy efficiency has a number of potential benefits.

  • A reduced level of harmful greenhouse gas emissions
  • A reduction in the demand for energy imports
  • Help in lowering the costs of your energy bills

You can save yourself money whilst reducing your carbon footprint!

How do I book a Non-Domestic EPC Register approved assessor?

When you are looking to book a Non-Domestic EPC and want to make sure you are getting the best price possible then just head to MyConstructor! Our price comparison platform provides you with access to a nationwide network of fully qualified assessors. Read assessor reviews, compare their prices and check the availability of the assessors in your area. Simply click here, then enter the postcode, let us know the approximate size of the property and then choose a time and date that suits you! Remember, you can book online anytime, 24/7!

Are all of your assessors qualified?

Yes, of course. All of our potential energy assessor partners are fully vetted before they can accept any jobs with our customers. Our sign up process includes us cross checking the assessors unique accreditation number with the Non-Domestic EPC Register so you can be confident that the assessor is fully qualified and capable of performing your report.

By using our website you agree to our use of cookies as described in our cookie policy. You can change your settings any time. Learn more